With just three ingredients, you too can create your very own delicious and healthy pre-or-post climbing snack.
I’ll make this real easy, since I know you’re getting antsy just thinking of being in a kitchen.
2 ripe bananas (ideally, but mine were still a bit green and that was a-okay)
1/2 cup rolled oats
That’s it. You can add more stuff and it should be fine. Throw in a dash of cinnamon, maybe a scoop of protein powder, splash of orange juice, some blueberries or strawberries. Heck, you could probably get away with a handful of kale in there. Go crazy. Just the three above ingredients will make 8-10 crepes/pancakes, so more ingredients = MOAR CREPES! And that’s always a good thing.
1. Throw everything in one big bowl [see above photo if you don’t fully understand this step]. Mash the nanners with a fork. As you press down, focus on good wrist technique. (If your wrist gets sore, you can give in and use a blender, but we’ll judge you brah.)
2. Drop a nice dollop onto a hot, greased skillet. I used coconut oil and it was tasty, but other oils or butter would be fine. Cook until each side is lightly browned.
3. Make a big fat stack and eat it just like that, or cover it will all sorts of yumminess, like maple syrup, honey, yogurt, peanut butter, nutella, fresh fruit, etc.
NUTRITION: If you made 10 pancakes and only used the ingredients of 4 eggs, 2 bananas, and 1/2 cup oats, then each tiny crepe would have about:
- 82 calories, 4g protein, 1.5g fiber, and good doses of vitamins A/B/C, iron, magnesium, potassium, and calcium
- Add a cup of greek yogurt on top, and that’s an additional 20g protein! Plus calcium.